View Single Post
Old 29-07-12, 23:55   #3
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: Pirate Bay Change Their Name + Their Court Cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by photostill View Post
The Olympic Committee has been ruined by the influx of big money. In places like England, you can see the Olympic's on the BBC channels. Here in the US, you're gonna have to pay other than if it is on the sponsors channel during prime time viewing. Nothing is live here.

Worse, the Olympic Committee seeks special laws from the host country before it will agree to the staging of the event. Mundane things like the name of the maker of the bathroom fixtures will be taped over unless the maker is a paid sponsor. Any mention of the Olympic name or emblem of the 5 rings at businesses will be policed up and taken down or a huge fine will be given for the display...unless of course they've paid big bucks to obtain sponsorship.

What the Olympics were in it's original theme and tone are now gone. It's highly big business and politics and resembles nothing near what the original was. It's no longer some farm boy come to town to participate and then going back home when it is over with.

It's so far gone with special interests that even the fact that the US swim team is going to sport special swim wear made in China is a contention. WTF? How does the wearing of what ever color, style, make, of clothing have anything to do with who they represent? Why is it even an after thought in the games themselves?

In news the last few days, there's enough brand police to go around doing the Olympic's tasks of checking to see the taxi cab drivers are all wearing black hats and that fixture makers names are all taped up but there are not enough security police to guard the event. Tell me where sanity stops here and shear greed begins? Somehow, I can't find the line.
I agree with your points, however the BBC is NOT allowed to advertise on any of their channels, that is controlled by the Govt.

What annoys me is that they have only some coverage on BBC World News. But you Americans can watch it for free, like me, on NBC, they have sole free coverage in the US. The coverage is normally for most of the day, but it shows mostly events that the American competitors are in, which is a shame.

I tried to post some Videos in the Olympics thread, but youtube & others closed them down because of BBC copyright laws..

As I have a US IP addy here where I live, it stops me even viewing any Olympic videos on the BBC website too.

I'm missing so much good stuff.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
photostill (30-07-12)