View Single Post
Old 29-07-12, 03:10   #2
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: US Govt. Says it Can Keep Megaupload’s Assets

Corruption at it's finest. It's the government saying that laws are only for all you peons, we don't have to follow it.

Something that has really gotten to me in the last 10 years, has been the government making up it's own laws or what existing laws mean. What the law says, and what they say it can be read to say, are rarely in the same ball park.

Here you have the government saying that it doesn't have to follow it's own laws. Because the company it shut down and confiscated data and money from doesn't reside in the US should not make any difference. Not only that, but you have a problem when it comes to the laws they are using to do this with.

First, infringement is not a criminal offense, it's a civil offense. Next New Zealand won't extradite someone for civil charges, only criminal ones. The US has used criminal confiscatory powers to gather and collect money but they can't charge and make it stick for criminal laws that don't exist.

The problem with forfeiture is that it only occurs after being found guilty. Until then, it's evidence only.

Yeah I have a lot of trouble with the way my country has acted in the justice department lately. The country I served in service for is not the same as the one I'm hearing now about how it should be allowed to violate it's own laws for the sake of convenience since those laws don't really say what the DoJ wants them to say.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
pop (29-07-12)