View Single Post
Old 20-07-12, 23:27   #27
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Dotcom Extradition Judge Steps Down

For a long time, I've not seen much need to go to the movies. Take your pick as to why.
  1. Bad housekeeping, like sticky floors
  2. Rude movie watchers that have to talk during the show
  3. People who can't watch the show without using their cell phones
  4. Prices steadily going up on tickets
  5. Highway robbery at the concession stand
  6. Theater workers slipping in like thieves to check the viewers with infrared goggles
  7. Too many B and C grade movies
  8. Too many reruns I already know how it ends
  9. Commercials now shown before previews. Did I ever tell you how much I hate ads?
  10. Poor quality movies that aren't worth the price of admission
  11. Constantly having some one wanting to go past you while you are watching the movie
  12. Sound constantly going up and down as various people complain it's too loud or not loud enough

I no longer buy nor rent movies. I no longer buy nor rent music. Most of it isn't worth the download it takes to get it in. And then there is the trouble I have with the entertainment industry acting like spoiled kids. I don't support companies I don't agree with their business practices. I went on boycott with the start of sue'em all. I went from renting about $500 a year in movies and an additional $500 a year in music to nothing. Don't own a TV anymore and don't miss it.

My main point here is that the entertainment industry has crapped in it's own food bowl. They've spend years earning that reputation and I no longer care if they remain in business. In fact I would at present, given the way they act, sooner see them in bankruptcy in hopes that what arose out of the ashes might be something a little more benign.

There is no need of piracy except for one telling fact. The industry has failed to meet market demands and the customer will find a way around those failings. Any warez site would give it's left nut to be legal. In 15 or 20 years I have yet to hear of one single site being licensed. A complete money source ignored because it doesn't allow the control they demand and it's not the only one. The whole rig-a-mo-role has basically been to tell the customer they don't want the money and to then think it is not acceptable when the customer finds another way.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote