View Single Post
Old 16-07-12, 22:02   #22
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Kim Dotcom Will Go to the US in Exchange for Legal Funds

I had mentioned in one of my answers before that if handled right, Kim was going to look like the hero, because of all the shady deals involving the take down. It's beginning to shape up that way too.

The US has purposely stalled pushing this extradition in hopes of the waiting game doing what they can't do, which is starve Kim out. Since they have all his money locked up, he has no hope of defending himself without it. Of course the US would happily provide him with legal representation but that's just a give-a-way conviction. No lawyer will do more than stand there without pay as far as really fighting for him and his innocence.

Make no mistake here, Kim is not a saint by any stretch of the word. But the US has done nothing in it's actions but play into his hands, making him come out smelling like roses.

I seriously doubt the US will take him up on the willing extradition because if they do, they then have to prove in court their claims and I don't think they have it without involving illegalities that any competent lawyer would catch.

It's even questionable that the case can start once it is shown that the US didn't follow it's own laws in the raid by notifying the company officers prior to the raid. That's distinctly a domestic process and can't be done out of country without the aid of that country and it is apparent that lots of political pressures were applied to New Zealand police force to begin with. I'd be willing to bet the New Zealand diplomat to the US wasn't informed prior to the raid. Some thing that should almost always happen prior to legal actions of this nature.

It just all smells of corruption and back room dealing.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (20-07-12)