View Single Post
Old 18-06-12, 18:56   #7
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: DepositFiles Settles Multi Million Dollar Piracy Lawsuit

A very nice, reasoned, response you've made, Al.Ternat. One I might add that on the whole I agree with.

I won't go into the details, it's too consuming and takes up too much space to actually supply examples along with the reasoning behind why it's not working in the court of law and why the entertainment industries are pushing this as they are.

I could also give you the reasons why the music industry isn't doing as well financially as it's heydays, and that the picture they paint is not accurate. It's for consumption to the public and for 'evidence' to point to when they need a new law; not necessarily the facts.

As in the past, the entertainment industry has had to be dragged, kicking and screaming all the while, into the newest technology. Sometimes they are successful in killing off new technology before makes it to the market where Average Joe can afford it. An example is DAT audio tape. Sometimes they just have to live with it being legal and then discover it's a gold mine. Such as the VCR, which had both the movie industry and the music industry after killing the technology. Only after it being ruled legal, was the best profit line to come to the movie business ever.

The point you make of 'try before you buy' is a valid one. Here you no longer hear the new stuff on the radio. Since payolla is illegal now, it is 'paid advertising' that is how it is done. The clue is the announcement of the artist and title that makes it legal. It's the same songs hour after hour. Two new songs a week exchanged with two old songs going off. The internet allows you to hear before you buy and the downloaders are the most fervent and avid fans. When you take them to court, you are suing your best customers. Name a business that survives that in the long haul.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote