View Single Post
Old 18-06-12, 10:31   #6
Al.Ternat
Honoured Member & VIP

Al.Ternat will become famous soon enoughAl.Ternat will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal 
Total Awards: 2

Default Re: DepositFiles Settles Multi Million Dollar Piracy Lawsuit

<<To look at a website, you must necessarily take a copy as it exists. This includes any copyrighted images for you to see it>>

I agree. Nobody knows if there is copyright on the images. The owner of the copyrighted images should register them as having copyright on them and in digital form, put a watermark on them as being copyrighted, with the name of the owner.

<<Even the New Zealand government took this approach to claim that Kim Dotcoms' data wasn't stolen by the US when a copy was shipped to the US. The physical drives are still in the possession of the New Zealand authorities so it could not be stolen>>

There you go. Should'nt this work both ways? I don't think MegaUpload had any stolen physical drives in their servers. The original media is still in the hands of the owner.
That is my point, we are talking about something virtual.

Because of lack of inspiration, the music, and movie industry bring out too much rubbish.
Because of that, sales go down, so the directors in the industry, with only interest in money, and not in the arts, bring their lawyer friends in, to squize some extra cash out of the public.

Many people download something to try it, look at it or listen to it, to see if it is any good, before they buy. It was normal in the old days. "Try before you buy"

Here, we are allowed to download from the internet, but only for personal use, at home.
We are not allowed to distribute. (sound a little bit like drug abuse)
We also pay extra for blank DVD's, memory stick's, new hard disks, to compensate for copyright.

The industry should review their business model and change it accordingly to the new technology. Same for the judicial system.
Al.Ternat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al.Ternat For This Useful Post:
BaZZa101 (18-06-12), Ladybbird (21-06-12), photostill (18-06-12)