View Single Post
Old 16-06-12, 09:14   #3
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Zealand's High Court Steps Into Extradition Fight...

I would say this extends far beyond the realm of infringement. Look at the mess with Assange. Another case of double dealing. The whole thing behind the charges against Assange in Sweden, is believed to be the US pressuring Sweden to press charges to get Assange within range of extradition to the US. Can't be done in UK because no crime was committed (even trumped up) by Assange there.

If you really look at the charges, it's pretty much hearsay. Sweden has a law that says it is illegal to have sex with out a condom, for consenting adults outside of marriage. It's the only country I know of like that with that sort of law. So basically it's the ladies in question saying it happened. I doubt there is any kind of proof beyond that. Nothing that can be pointed to in court to say, see it happened this way because here is proof.

All of this is an attempt to shut down the leaks in government that have gotten spilled. Despite the US's claims of danger to the over seas spies and operatives, it did not come from Assange that did the endangerment but rather from a newspaper who released the encryption code to open the protection zips Assange had already distributed.

The whole point here, is that if the government was not doing things that needed hidden, there would be no need of whisleblowers and no need to fear exposure of secrets. Those secrets that were exposed were done by diplomats that are not voted into office and have no accountability to the public. The public has no idea what is being done in it's name and would never hear of it were it not for opportunities that Wikileaks provided.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote