View Single Post
Old 07-06-12, 21:23   #3
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: ...Earth Headed for Catastrophic Collapse, Researchers Warn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybbird
I still think about the warnings for Dec 2012.....

I don't think much about that. Calenders tend to roll over, no matter what their length is. Since the Mayans did theirs by a long and short cycle, the end of one is merely the beginning of another; not the end of the world.

There are other considerations though that tend at present to lead me to believe most of this global warming is more hokem by those with vested interests looking for additional funds. There are other things to worry about.

In the Middle Ages there was experienced the year without a winter. It never got cold that year. There was a slow warming trend up to that point. I don't think we know enough about past driving forces to say all this is global warming and I am pointing to a relative recent event (geologically speaking) of the same as we are going through now.

Records in rocks indicate the earth has many times, changed it's magnetic polarity. It's going to do so again, soon. The magnetic north has been wandering all over the place at a fairly quick clip compared to past times, indicating we live on a dynamic planet where things change.

We are seeing ice sheets melting at the poles. For the first time, the north passage has been navigational. The point here, isn't that the ice is withdrawing but that it has done so in the past because the north passage is known as a navigational route. It could only be so, if the ice had disappeared in the past showing that history is repeating itself but not on human life time scales.

During the Great Depression, it was marked not only by hard economic times but also by drought conditions that created the Dust Bowl as it was known at the time. It's very similar to today's weather patterns.

I sort of think that is monumentally conceited to think the human race, even with all it's numbers can put as much CO₂ as a volcano. We don't even have to go visit the super-volcano that have erupted in the past such as the one in Yellowstone Park that has been predicted to have caused nuclear winter conditions globally a couple of times at least. Or the one in India, called Toba or the Deccan Traps. Say what you will, we have yet to pull that one off.

My point in all this wandering text is to say, we don't know enough about the historic prehistory weather conditions to even begin to model global weather correctly and past atmospheric samples in ice bubbles doesn't begin tell the story.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

Last edited by photostill; 07-06-12 at 21:34.
photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
BaZZa101 (10-08-12)