View Single Post
Old 03-06-12, 10:37   #1
online24
VIP & Santa Claus in Hiatus

online24 is just really niceonline24 is just really niceonline24 is just really niceonline24 is just really niceonline24 is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 2

Google launches first ChromeOS-based 'Chromebox'

Google launches first ChromeOS-based 'Chromebox'
Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 30 May 2012

Google and Samsung have announced the launch of the first desktop 'Chromebox' this week.
The Chromebox will cost just $329 and comes in a small case, familiar to past owners of Mac Minis.

Powered by Google's cloud-based ChromeOS operating system, the mini-desktop has an 1.9GHz dual-core Intel Celeron B840 (Sandy Bridge) CPU, 4GB of RAM, a 16GB SSD and WiFi a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0.

With just an 8-inch footprint, the device packs a decent amount of ports including 6 USB ports, a 3.5mm combination headphone / mic jack, DVI output, gigabit Ethernet and two DisplayPort connectors.

Perhaps most notably, the device will run on ChromeOS 19, the latest version of the OS which makes it a lot more usable and Windows-like. Instead of being browser-only like in the past, the new OS update will look more like the traditional Windows systems in terms of app and window management. Finally, boot time is a remarkable 5 seconds.

Check the screenshot courtesy of Engadget:

Have a good day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(PS.I love Fantasy and SciFi)
online24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to online24 For This Useful Post:
photostill (06-06-12)