View Single Post
Old 29-05-12, 01:44   #4
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Half Of PC Users Are Pirates, Says Study

Quote:
I was thinking how on earth do they know only 50% of users are pirates, I bet its a whole lot more than that! LOL
Something else that is not taken into account, is that the countries where the individual does not get a fairly high pay. What I mean here is take a look at Photoshop for instance. It sells for $976 at Amazon and that's with a $192 discount. So the retail value of Photoshop C6 without extras comes to $1168.

A car mechanic in Russia makes a weekly average salary of $251. It would take better than a months' wage to buy the software basic package.
http://www.worldsalaries.org/russia.shtml
So when faced with the choice of spending that kind of money on software, which do you think he's going to pick? Free or paid for? It's even worse when you go looking at other country salaries. In the Philippines, the same mechanic would make $144 a week. In Thailand, the salary is $153.

While I am sure Photoshop is a great package, it's not worth that kind of money. Not to the average person who also has to depend on that money to live on.

It's not even a choice. As much as you might want to be legal, there comes a point when you just have to be realistic.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote