View Single Post
Old 26-05-12, 19:31   #1
online24
VIP & Santa Claus in Hiatus

online24 is just really niceonline24 is just really niceonline24 is just really niceonline24 is just really niceonline24 is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 2

Angry New FBI unit can spy on your Skype convos

New FBI unit can spy on your Skype convos
Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 24 May 2012

Cnet is reporting today that the FBI is in the process of creating a new unit that will be able to spy on your conversations that take place using wireless communications, like Skype.

The new unit will be called the "Domestic Communications Assistance Center."

Reads the source: "DCAC's mandate is broad, covering everything from trying to intercept and decode Skype conversations to building custom wiretap hardware or analyzing the gigabytes of data that a wireless provider or social network might turn over in response to a court order. It's also designed to serve as a kind of surveillance help desk for state, local, and other federal police."

Talks for the new unit have been around for over four years, and will be "the technological component of the bureau's 'Going Dark' Internet wiretapping push, which was allocated $54 million by a Senate committee last month."
Have a good day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(PS.I love Fantasy and SciFi)
online24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to online24 For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (28-05-12), photostill (26-05-12)