View Single Post
Old 21-05-12, 17:13   #3
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: Flesh Eating Bug Increases in The U.S.-PHOTOS & UPDATES

CASE 3

Bobby Vaughn, Georgia Landscaper Becomes the Third Victim

21 May, wtsp news

CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (WXIA) -- A Georgia landscaper has become the third person in the Southeast to contract a flesh eating bacterial infection in recent weeks.
Doctors insist there is no link or common cause among the victims, but it is bizarre given how rare the condition is.
From his hospital bed, 33-year-old Bobby Vaughn talked to our sister station WXIA 11Alive over the telephone detailing what he's been through in the last few days.
"I just started feeling very sick," he said. "I was throwing up and had a backache. I just thought it was a little infection."
Vaughn described beginning to swell, especially in his groin area, and deciding to go to the hospital where doctors immediately put him on fluids and antibiotics.
Within hours Vaughn was in surgery where doctors removed damaged tissue. He has since endured five surgeries and has lost approximately two pounds of tissue.
"I still have some skin grafts and reconstructive surgeries ahead, but they think the bacteria isn't spreading anymore," he said.
It was only after Vaughn was moved to Doctors Hospital in Augusta that he learned about Aimee Copeland in a room just down the hall.
The 24-year-old West Georgia grad is fighting the same sort of infection. She contracted it after falling from a homemade zipline into the Little Tallapoosa River, east of metro Atlanta. Doctors have amputated her leg, her other foot and both her hands.
"From what I understand, her infection moved much faster than mine," Vaughn said. "Still, I was told I was just a day or two from being dead or losing entire parts of my body."
In the meantime, a female paramedic in Greenville, S.C. is also fighting a flesh eating bacterial infection. Lana Kuykendall developed necrotitis faciitis after giving birth to twins in Atlanta.
Kuykendall's brother, Brian Swaffer, spoke to the media Sunday afternoon, saying that while she is still in critical condition, she is stabilized.
"She has a very long road ahead of her," Swaffer said. "She has undergone seven surgeries. We are thankful that the infection has been contained to just her legs and has not spread anywhere else."
Vaughn said learning about what both Kuykendall and Copeland are facing makes what he's going through pale in comparison.
"They are alive," Vaughn said. "I am alive. That is what I am grateful for. That is all I can ask for."

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
photostill (21-05-12)