View Single Post
Old 18-05-12, 19:06   #2
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wikipedia: If you see ads, you're infected!

I never see ads on the internet (thank you adblock plus). It's as much about security as it is about getting rid of annoyances. Every so often, Google's iFrames get infected with malware. Only way to prevent getting infected is to prevent the display of ads and preventing scripting from running by default. I've already been where folks got infected seeing ads and walk away without the same problems.

I still don't have a clue why some users don't have something in the line of defenses setup to prevent such infections from happening. I guess it will take a younger generation a bit more computer savvy to bring to the forefront that security is an issue.

Thank you for this information, online 24. I had no idea that some other malware is running rampant in the computer user world.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote