View Single Post
Old 15-05-12, 03:15   #2
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Revew: Johnny Depp in `Dark Shadows`

First thing I have to say, is I was never a fan of the tv series, so background nostalgia isn't there. British humor for the most part must be an acquired taste, it was always too hmmm, dry for me.

The next comment is that I don't pay film critics a lot of mind. Most of what they put down on are the very ones I want to see. With the possible exception of when they all get together and rate a film a 1 or less. Mostly when it gets that bad, I tend to agree with them.

Now I like Johnny Depp, much the same as I like Al Pacino. There are some actors that seem to soak up the background and prep an onstage character to be bigger than life and pull it off. Depp has done this in some lovable characters, such as Capt. Jack Sparrow. I can not help but grin when I think of the time the studio questioned him about the character's sexuality, and he responded by telling them that all the characters he plays are gay

It's one of those things to just get under the skin of those expressing some sort of "better than thou attitude". You gotta love him for that. The ability to stand right in their face and tweak their nose in it.

I somehow doubt I will see this picture. All the elements are there that I like but some how the whole thing doesn't strike me as quite a whole item. Remember that anytime you read the synopsis on a movie, no matter how crappy they are, the blurb makes it sound as if you hold the next potential Oscar winner in your hands and you should rent it, take it home, and watch it; even if it's been out for the last decade.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (19-05-12)