View Single Post
Old 15-05-12, 02:36   #6
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pirate Party Breaks Election Records -UPDATE

I've sort of steered clear of political topics simply because I believe I read in the site rules that it shouldn't be discussed. Still, I'm gonna go out on a limb here diverge from this topic with some of the general crap going on this election season in the US and then return to this topic now posted.

Both Obama and Romney are trying their best to distance themselves from their past record while at the same time wanting to claim just the pluses as they run against each other. Problem with that is both have enough dead weight in their past records to sink a whale. When you really get down to it, there is not a lot of difference between the two candidates. You really have to ask what the facts are when you hear some of the rhetoric gearing up for this election because there is a lot they neglect to say in their talking points that leads to pointing the guilty finger right back at themselves and their party rather than the way it is expressed. One such I heard the other day blamed Obama for the job situation in the economy but he failed to mention his own party was responsible for killing the funding for the program that was set up to provide jobs.

The problem here is what has been going on for the last bunch of election cycles and that's there is no valid candidate to pick from to vote for. Both have been bought and paid for and it matters not which gets into office as far as what will be done in the coming years after; only the flavor of how it is done.

The Republican party and all the talk show hosts on radio and tv are having one heck of a time trying to sell Romney. He has a serious deficit when it comes to generating excitement. Even his own party doesn't really want him. The talk shows were saying, "This is it", you have to accept Romney because he's the candidate. Maybe 8 different callers were all saying in essence, "We want someone else". It's a hard sell for either one of them for supporters.

What most of this is, is a reflection that the people here in the states have the same opinion as those in other countries such as Greece and France, with Germany and Italy soon to follow in elections. The established parties in power are taking a beating. They are being blamed in each country for the economic conditions now in existence as has happened all through election cycles in the past. Mostly this appears to be because the big finance and mega-corporations are in bed with the governments of each nation. People have had enough.

In the case of the US, there isn't any other choice but in the European countries where often you have multiple parties all running on different platforms, there is a choice and it's being made. As I stated earlier in this thread, transparency of government and what it is doing in the name of it's citizens is a biggy. This particular issue is a big driver along with the economic factors in changing the scope of elections. Early signs are that most of the parties in power will take a huge beating there. Here in the states I suspect that will show up as people not voting at all.

I personally am happy to see them being thrown out of power. Most of the politicians and their parties were the ones that set up all these circumstances that led to the problems we have today. The one thing that hasn't helped, is the US was dead in the middle of being the cause of many of the economic woes of other countries.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (17-05-12)