View Single Post
Old 03-05-12, 19:53   #2
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Upgrading my desktop PC

On a wild hair I went looking for things for you yesterday and realized, I didn't have enough info. I saw just this fantastic motherboard/cpu setup but it was probably outside both our budgets to buy, coming in at around $1400 for the set for an 8 core cpu. My eyes and head like things my wallet can't afford. *grins*.

Your power supply is 650 watts. That means you will have to pay close attention when it comes to what vid card to use. You state you don't game so that throws out the biggest power eaters with the highest prices.

You can figure other than vid card and mother board that most components like HDs, dvd drives, and the like will add 25 watts roughly per unit to the draw on the power supply, as a rule of thumb.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (05-05-12), online24 (03-05-12)