View Single Post
Old 02-05-12, 00:36   #3
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: UK High Court Rules-All Pirate Bay ISPs Blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by photostill View Post

The copywrong industry has always had a bee up it's bonnet for The Pirate Bay. Ever since they attempted to remove items and were told to stick it and their messages were put up for display and ridicule. It's driven the copyrwrong industry just flat out insane to do something about The Pirate Bay.

The UK is following in the footsteps of The Netherlands whom has already had this enforced (and the article can be found in the archives here) with no effect at all. Nor will this have any meaningful effect other than for those that just don't have a clue.

Using either a proxy or using Open DNS will totally side step the whole blockage attempt.

This is systemic of something else that is showing up besides the attempts at censorship. What else that is becoming very obvious, is that we have a bunch of people trying to get actions into effect and people trying to make laws that really don't understand what they are trying to regulate. Because of that lack of understanding they are doing far more damage than were it intentional.

Making bad laws does not increase complaince. What it does is encourage further use of what it is they are trying to make a law against. Society has always obeyed it's own laws. Smart leaders make sure the laws made, are the same as the actions of society. This way society is always in compliance and law makers look like they know what they are doing, instead of this dog and pony show.
------

I came to post a similar article written today only to find I'm a bit slow. Such are the ways of the internet. Still the comments will stand on their own and I'll post those. *smiles*
Yes Im afraid I think PBay are fighting a losing battle, espec as they continue to mock and flaunt their movements of their servers. The US Pirate Bay "Squaddies" will not enjoy that, and its not a wise move in my opinion

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
photostill (02-05-12)