Thread: Poss. Down time
View Single Post
Old 13-03-11, 23:19   #1
The Ethereal Being & Barbara
Special MODERATORING Team

The Ethereal Being & Barbara has a spectacular aura aboutThe Ethereal Being & Barbara has a spectacular aura aboutThe Ethereal Being & Barbara has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal 
Total Awards: 1

Angry Poss. Down time

Yesterday started out well and ended in a pile of @#$%.

About 10 days ago I reset the RAM modules and all cards as we have humidity and if not attended to, will cause something to fail or basically not work.
Towards evening working on the high end PC that does all conversions in super quality and speed, I saw a light where there should be one. I had not replaced the side panel which was a real bonus.
Eeek! The Graphics Card is burning!!!!!! :eek:
Hit the row of switches on the Surge Protector and shut down the lot in a split second.
Pulled out the card and see a small capacitor/diode has been wiped off the planet as if it never existed.
There goes my ECS GeForce 9800 GTX+ Graphics!!!
Going to see what or if any other damage was done today. I am expecting the worst, even though I was quick to shut it down, I don't know whether it ventured further than the card and got to the mobo.

Need this like a hole in the head. Guess these suckers can't be fixed either? What a waste. Going to have to use the HDMI to DVI converter adapter to connect the monitor through the HDMI port off the mobo as the card had its own 2 x DVI connections for a 2 monitor system and one for S-Video. That has stuffed my plans for connection to TV via S-Video now that card has gone poof!

All my links are my own dvdrips unless specified. All Uploads are in English unless specified.
I like quality, not quantity.
& You get more requests filled when you say thanks.

The Ethereal Being & Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Ethereal Being & Barbara For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (14-03-11)