View Single Post
Old 28-02-12, 18:46   #2
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: Rapidshare slow for free users.

Very interesting post and thanks for all the info and sharing it with us. I think after their last 3 prosecutions they have to "be showing" as doing everything they can to stop the illegal stuff, as I have done in our disclaimer. I believe that they have now moved their server to a "safe" based country.

However I have bought Premium with them when all these probs started and I am still getting the same fast download service I always had. It does slow down a little during peak hours but that is to be expected.

Some of our uploaders on here are still using them and so far have reported no problems. They can only earn rapid points tho and no money, so when they post them for our members they do so as a favour.

RS will not do affiliations, but in response to my email about that a few weeks, they replied "at this time", so who knows what will happen when all this furore and panic dies down, we will see. Any changes to that or updates on them can be posted in here Al and I appreciate your help.

Members on all sites still get everything free, except the very few, like yourself Al, that are kind enough to donate. So in a way I do agree with sites like RS that ask members to buy Premium, I do not consider it fair that sites' owners are expected to pay all the bills, it is only fair that members contribute something, so maybe thats the only way RS can get people to contribute and they do still offer free downloads, which many do not now.
Members are supplied with a lot of good things to enjoy, not just warez, on our site particularly, but I am not in agreement with sites making huge profits from members, as some are doing, (we most certainly are not, Im constantly paying out each month to pay for extra things like new software, the new FTP, and for extra site security)

Thanks again for your post and help.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote