View Single Post
Old 11-02-12, 04:04   #13
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Important-MUST READ -SECURITY & FILE HOSTS Info

Please all of you, Members & Uploaders read the regular updates in this section;

http://www.dreamteamdownloads1.com/276/piracy-warez-hackers-internet-news-scams-related/
The previous fall of Rapidshare and more recent, Megaupload, is important to the Warez community and filesharing sites, as a whole.
How long can these operations stand up against mounting legal pressure? What measures can they take to remain legal while not peeking at every file we upload?

How safe is your information with these services? Every site has a Terms of Service agreement that states they will comply with the laws of the land and will respond to any appearance of infringement,

(dreamteam1 and their servers are not based in the US, but we are ensuring that this site, its'staff and members are safe, by paying for extra protections, hence our new Disclaimer);

http://www.dreamteamdownloads1.com/275/disclaimer/
We do not know just how far the US will take their actions? Some countries, servers and File Hosts have already responded by blocking all US IPs and will never cooperate with the US, with any proposed or intended prosecutions. Even the UK that obliged them before, has begun throwing out such cases,, even in the High Court.

The US does NOT control the world nor the internet, far from it, although it would like to. This was proved recently by the actions of huge sites like Wikipedia, Google and many hundreds of others across the world, who started by closing access to their sites for 24 hours, after the proposed SOFA and PIPA acts by the US.

SOPA stands for Stop Online Piracy Act and PIPA for Protect IP Act.

Think about it.

dreamteamdownloads1 has spent a lot of time investigating into this, as you will see from the amount of threads, and updates within, I have been making recently, and will continue to do so.

We have also thought of some ways to keep you safe and my admin techs are working on this. I have already bought the new domain name for the
FTP and the VPN within, and paid the expenses to set up the new server for it.

This is not easy and is much more complicated than first thought, that is why there have been delays. This can't be helped, it is more essential and important to get it completely right and secure. We now have the
VPN details, but my tech admins are ironing out the glitches and other things within, and I thank them greatly for this.

Remember none of them, the staff, and I do not get paid. So they can only work on this and to help you, in their spare time, so please remember to thank them when they do.

VPN services are a great way to stay safe, protect your physical location, and allow you to maintain a modicum of security while browsing the internet or even uploading. Most VPNs are not completely foolproof, but they are a great first step.

Essentially a
VPN is a secure method of connecting to a Virtual Private Network at a remote location.

The end location is encrypted so your insecure packets would pass through their level of encryption, which disallows users without
access to read the private packets of information.
VPNs are typically used by companies with workers in remote locations to transmit private data in a secure fashion.

VPNs use a method of transferring data using secure cryptographic methods between at least two networked devices which are NOT on the same private network.
This method keeps the data completely private as it passes through the various nodes of your local and wide networks.

The server locations for the
FTP/VPN are safe and secure. However I do ask that each of you do not overload the bandwidth by posting a HUGE amount of your files within, keep them checked and cleared up on a regular basis.

If I feel at a later date (as the site grows), it is necessary to pay to increase the bandwidth,
I will do so, but this is costly and so are the monthly charges we pay for it.

For this reason only VIPs and Official Site UpLoaders will have access to it.

Other Uploaders and members must contribute by donating, if they wish to be safe and to use it.

The second method would be to simply not upload or download. Obviously this is not ideal, so you can choose to continue down your current path and hope to blend in with the mass of others doing the same thing.

Typically downloading is less risky than uploading, but there is always a risk, if sufficient precautions are not taken

One of the biggest mistakes a wannabe downloader can make is to use a public torrent site such as The Pirate Bay, ISOhunt, Fenopy, and others.

So called “private” torrent sites are said to be more secure, but this is not always the case. Demonoid is a “private” torrent site, but has such a large userbase that the fact they are “private” is moot.

Furthermore, Demonoid is now in the process of migrating all information to a .me domain, as a result of COICA (Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act)

which could, in essence,
allow the United States government to take control of the .com, .org, and, .net TLD (top-level domain) names.

As I have posted before in threads in this section, any sites with .com, .org, and, .net are NOT safe and any servers with those endings to their Domains are routed through Phoenix, Arizona in the US,
especially if their servers are not outside the US.

Our site servers are in never neverland. When I have the money, I will be changing the .com ending on our sites' name and work out an easy way for you all to be
diverted without the security on your browsers preventing this. Please REMEMBER that, when it happens.

But please do not be too worried or concerned by all this, because as you may have noticed, the US/FBI only go after and take down the very Big Boys, like Megaupload, who have made and are worth many millions of US$$$. There are just too many sites like ours around the world, it would be impossible to prosecute all of them. I am just being cautious by investing in all the preventative measures possible.

Remember the quote by Anne Baxter –

“It’s best to have failure early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you can rise from the ashes.”

The World Wide Web is in its infancy; we have yet to see its full potential. Even if our current systems fail, we can rise from the ashes and promote change for the future.

and on that note, I leave you with a simple quote from myself........

No-one owns the Internet,,,,,the US powers that be, that would like to,,, can go take a ride on the Phoenix.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
BaZZa101 (12-10-12), Halo17 (13-02-12)