View Single Post
Old 15-01-12, 00:21   #18
BaZZa101
SUPER Investigative MODERATOR

Thanked 1,998 Times in 1,281 Posts
BaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal Silver Medal 
Total Awards: 6

Default Re: XP hangs on shutdown

In my experience. One needs to do a Clean RE-Install of any Windows OP every 12 months.
There is just too much **** that gets collected, added and corrupted in Win OS that even Windows itself cannot fix.
The Hanging on Shut down can be caused by a Corrupted OS or even just having 1 bad sector on the Hard Drive.
If you take a look back to how Fast you system was when you first installed it, to how "fast" (not) it is now, you will see that there is a big difference no matter how much you Prune, Defrag' or what ever you do to tidy up the system.
The system just gets slower by the day. A bit like RUST.
The only way to get rid of RUST is to Strip it all back to bare metal, make any repairs (bad sectors) and then re-apply the Colour.
So do a HARD Reformat and then a Clean Re-install. It takes time so have all of the Programs, Keys and Required Back up files at hand first.
Make sure that you have all of the Address Books, Internet Bookmark links, Email's and Passwords ---- SAVED ----
Thats my answer to this problem. It's what I have done many times in the past (a few times to fix this type of problem).
The Following User Says Thank You to BaZZa101 For This Useful Post: