View Single Post
Old 05-01-12, 05:57   #23
The Ethereal Being & Barbara
Special MODERATORING Team

The Ethereal Being & Barbara has a spectacular aura aboutThe Ethereal Being & Barbara has a spectacular aura aboutThe Ethereal Being & Barbara has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal 
Total Awards: 1

Default Re: error msg, 0x80070570

What about moving? Many who get into difficulties start thinking I have to burn something or I will lose it, yet give no thought to moving it to a the EXT HDD (large one - 500Mb to 1Tb). Not always mind you, but sometimes when things go wrong it will affect the burning capabilities but not the moving function. Albeit Pop it is going to be slow with 128Mb RAM, but worth it if you want it saved (and it works).

Did you buy W7 or was it promotional, because promotional does go belly up and loses quite often what you are going to need the most. Also on older machines it can be quirky.

Just an added thought...
Windows XP Requirements:
- PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
- 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
- 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*
Compared to....
Windows7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

It is possible that it could be the memory module. With clean hands, remove the RAM carefully. Have on hand a WHITE rubber (eraser), and clean all those gold teeth in a gentle one way action. Then use a painter's brush and lightly brush off all the residue of the eraser. Check the mobo as well, look inside where you took the ram out, and give that a light brush with the paint brush as well. The slightest bit of dust can screw things up. Then give the RAM holder a good blow with your breath and reinstall the RAM carefully.
If it fails to work, it could be a conflict issue because info is going everywhere but where its supposed to.

All my links are my own dvdrips unless specified. All Uploads are in English unless specified.
I like quality, not quantity.
& You get more requests filled when you say thanks.

The Ethereal Being & Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Ethereal Being & Barbara For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (05-01-12), pop (06-01-12)