View Single Post
Old 22-10-11, 20:27   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Microsoft Windows 8 -Disable Metro Features While Retaining W8 Explorer Ribbon

If you’re enjoying Windows 8 but you’re not a particularly big fan of the new MetroUI and/or the Ribbon interface, this reader tip will help you disable the features you don’t want.
The first part highlights a simple registry hack. The second part highlights a program that goes beyond the simple registry hack:

If you want to totally disable all new interface features in Windows 8 you can open up the Registry Editor and search for the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer
Look for the entry RPEEnabled, then change the DWORD value to 0. You’ll need to force restart Windows explorer or just restart Windows to see the change. Everything should look like Windows 7 with Windows 8 under the hood. Sorta like this:

The only problem with that, though, is that you might want the new Explorer Ribbon. I don’t, but somebody might. I found a program called MetroController that lets you toggle the settings. You can disable only the Metro features (and keep the Ribbon) or you can disable all the new features like the Lock Screen, the Metro Start Screen, etc.

It works just like promised, but you may have to jiggle-the-handle so to speak. I found that sometimes if I was making changes between the settings I would have to return everything to normal and then change what I wanted. Jumping from altered state to altered state seems to trip it up. Other than that, though, smooth sailing.
It’s nice to have the Windows 7 Start Menu back but still have the Ribbon interface while using Explorer.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote