View Single Post
Old 04-10-11, 08:02   #2
BaZZa101
SUPER Investigative MODERATOR

Thanked 1,998 Times in 1,281 Posts
BaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal Silver Medal 
Total Awards: 6

Default Re: Hello, operator another chapter of "they walk among us and reproduce"!!

Love the last one LOL
And believe me it does happen, I use to Tutor home users on "how to use their Computers" and there where a few that should have never wasted the money on the computer in the first place.
I can tell you that there was this one guy that got a computer by spending his Tax Refund Cheque. He didn't know how to use it so I was called in, I called around to see him and his wife answered the door and showed he where the computer was and asked if I wanted a Coffee. The guy came in and I asked him to tell he what he knows about the computer. He said that to turn the computer on or off you just flick the switch and that he knew how to open some of the programs but lately the computer is asking him all of these questions and he doesn't understand why, that was all that he knew. The wife came in with the coffee, and I asked the guy to turn on the computer for me. So he flicks on the main power switch on the wall and the computer came on and along with all of these error messages about not closing down properly and other programs asking if he wanted to restore open older work that was not saved properly because of a computer problem.
Ok then... Show me how you turn the computer off, so he flicks the main power switch again. Like what..... I said No No No you cannot do that, you need to close down the computer correctly. With his wife hovering in the back ground, I showed him the correct way to start up and shut down the computer. I then showed him how to close any program that he had opened. This was our first 2 hour lesson. Next week came and I go around there and he tells me that the computer is still asking him all of these questions, this time he was just minimizing the open programs and then telling the computer to Close down and then switching the power off at the wall. So I showed him again and told him to Wait for the computer to close down before he turns off the power.
The next week was no better but this time his wife had a few words to say and after I had a bit of a talk to him I convinced him that it would be cheaper for me to teach his wife and then she can teach him. So from then on I would teach the wife, who was very quick to learn, and then she could try to teach him. I meet up with her about a year later and asked how it was going, she said that he doesn't touch the computer now at all because he just couldn't get the hang of it. Ok I said, it's not always easy to learn new things. Then she said "He still could not turn off the computer correctly, so he gave up".
I just had to laugh to myself. Males... By the way I went under the Business name of D.A.M Computers.... The joke being that DAM stood for D > dumb A > ass(donkey) M > male NOT Data Achieving & Management. True Story
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaZZa101 For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (04-10-11), oscar (04-10-11)