View Single Post
Old 08-10-19, 20:40   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Cricket Ben Stokes Wins Illustrious PCA Award

Ben Stokes Wins Illustrious PCA Award After Fine Summer With England

Ben Stokes capped off his remarkable few months by winning the PCA Players' Player of the Year award in London

Daily Mirror UK, 8 OCT 2019.

World Cup winner Stokes became the first player to win the award, voted for by his peers, solely for his England performances since Andrew Flintoff in 2005.

Man of the match in the World Cup final and man of the match in two of the five Ashes Tests, Stokes captured the imagination this summer with his feats with bat, ball and in the field.

And at the 50th Natwest PCA awards he beat off nominees from the county game Simon Harmer, Ryan Higgins and Dom Sibley.

Ben Stokes won the top prize at the 50th NatWest PCA Awards in London (Image: Getty Images for PCA)

“It’s hard to put it into words,” said Stokes. “I am over the moon that players think I am worthy of winning the NatWest PCA Players’ Player of the Year through performances this summer.

“You can take a lot of personal pride when you receive this award because it’s your peers that vote for you.

“Earning this award is a huge moment and something I am very gracious of and I am sure the previous 49 winners are gracious of too.

Headingley and World Cup hero Stokes enjoyed a stunning summer (Image: Action Images via Reuters)

“While this is an individual award, it is within a team sport so I am only in this position because of what other guys in our squad have achieved as well.

“What we have done as a team in 2019 is phenomenal, to win the World Cup and draw the Ashes has been a fantastic summer and something I am proud of personally and as a team.”

Somerset batsman Tom Banton picked up the Young Player of the year award to go with his Cricket Writers' Club young player award the previous day, while Sophie Ecclestone won the Women's Player of the Summer trophy.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote