View Single Post
Old 05-10-19, 10:23   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Music Elton John's Secret Cancer Battle Left Him Incontinent

Elton John's Secret Cancer Battle 'Left Him Incontinent and Crippled With Pain'

Elton John battled prostate cancer in 2017 before a life-threatening disease left him with just 24 hours to live

Daily Mirror UK, 5 OCT 2019.

Elton John has revealed his secret battle with prostate cancer and a life-threatening disease that left doctors fearing he had just 24 hours left to live.

The 72-year-old legendary singer has opened up about his health battles in a new autobiography, Me: Elton John Official, which is being serialised in the Daily Mail .

Elton had a terrible time in 2017, when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and then months later battled a separate life-threatening disease.

He was fortunate that doctors caught the cancer early and Elton opted for surgery over a course of radiation and chemotherapy.

Unfortunately, this left him incontinent and crippled with pain after a complication following the surgery.

Writing in the book, Elton said: "It was prostate cancer. I wasn’t as shocked at hearing the word ‘cancer’ as I might have been.

Elton John had a secret cancer battle (Image: PA)

“They’d caught it early. The oncologist told me I had two options. One was surgery to remove my prostate.

"The other was a course of radiation and chemotherapy that meant I would have to go back to hospital dozens of times. I went straight for the surgery.”

The surgery was deemed a success but Elton found he had problems days later.

He continued: "It wasn’t until I arrived in Las Vegas ten days later for a gig at Caesars Palace that I noticed something wasn’t right. As the day progressed, the pain got worse and worse.

"I’ve worn some ridiculous things onstage in my time, but never a giant nappy.

Elton John and his husband David Furnish (Image: Getty)

"I don’t know if you’ve ever stood in front of 4,000 cheering fans, singing Candle In The Wind while literally p***ing yourself, but if you haven’t, I can tell you for a fact it’s quite an odd experience.”

Elton, who is married to 56-year-old David Furnish, said that the problems were caused by his lymph nodes and doctors performed a colonoscopy to cure the issue.

It was the life-threatening disease months later that concerned Elton more, after he was hospitalised during a trip to South America.

Elton John has revealed all in a new autobiography (Image: Ian Vogler / Daily Mirror)

Recalling the tropical disease, Elton wrote: "The doctors told David I was 24 hours away from death. If the South American tour had gone on for another day that would have been it: brown bread.

"So I was incredibly lucky — although, I have to say, I didn’t feel terribly lucky at the time. I lay awake all night, wondering if I was going to die.”

Elton was in hospital for eleven days and then had seven weeks of recovery, with Elton admitting that he prayed for his survival during that time.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote