View Single Post
Old 25-08-19, 18:07   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Cricket England Beat Australia to Win Ashes by Magnificent Century

Ben Stokes Hits Magnificent Century as England Beat Australia to Win Third Ashes Test

England were facing certain defeat at Headingley with one wicket remaining - but Stokes had other ideas

Daily Mirror UK, 25 Aug 2019.

Ben Stokes.

Those are the only two words needed to describe the craziest, most thrilling, most miraculous performance from an English cricketer in 142 years of Test cricket.

England's most modern heroic all rounder kept their Ashes hopes alive with the most outrageous innings of 135 not out to redefine what is possible in this, the greatest of games.

The moment he cut Pat Cummins through the covers for another boundary and held both arms aloft was the moment England chased down a record 359 to win and Stokes took his legend into yet another realm.

How on earth could this man, who had delivered the World Cup to the nation, barely six weeks ago with the most dramatic of innings, outdo himself in such spectacular style?

On the ground where Sir Ian Botham had produced the previous best in 1981, he could only watch on with pride as Stokes went one better to take England to a one wicket win that levels the series and keeps this incredible, glorious summer alive for a few more weeks yet.

Ben Stokes celebrates following his remarkable innings (Image: Getty Images)

Stuart Broad shared a picture of Stokes realising his achievement in the dressing room (Image: Instagram/Stuart Broad)

To say that England's hopes were on life support when Stuart Broad was trapped lbw by the magnificent Josh Hazlewood with 73 more still needed would be the understatement of the year.

Stokes was on 61 and despite his 92 against Ireland, little was expected of Jack Leach. The ultimate 'jack'.

And yet between the shots of adrenaline pumped into the stands by Stokes and the calm bedside manner of Leach who kept him company, England's Ashes hopes were brought back to life in the most remarkable way.

In their partnership of 76, Stokes struck 74 of them with four fours and seven sixes in an astonishing effort that he found hard to put into words.

“I don't know how I did it,” said Stokes. I know we've won the game but I'm pretty tired to be honest. It was just a great day.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote