View Single Post
Old 06-08-19, 15:56   #701
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Do You Believe God Will See You Through?
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

The most important question facing God’s people in these last days is this: “Do you believe God will see you through? Do you believe he can do all that is necessary to answer your prayers and meet your needs?” This is the same question our Lord asked the two blind men who begged him for mercy and healing. “‘Do you believe that I am able to do this?’ They said, ‘Yes, Lord.’ … And their eyes were opened” (Matthew 9:28-30).

The Lord asks you, me, the church, “Do you believe I am able to direct and guide you and perform my perfect will in your life? Do you believe I am still at work on your behalf? Or do you harbor secret thoughts that I have forsaken you and let you down?” God is not primarily interested in our doing some great work for him; rather, he desperately wants us to simply trust him.

Some restless Christians want to “forsake all and get into some kind of full-time ministry.” In fact, some are actually selling their homes and businesses and packing the family off to some poverty-type ministry without a true directive from the Holy Spirit. Occasionally God is in such plans, but in most instances, he is not.

Beloved, God does not want anything you possess; he is not after your house, your land, your car, or any other worldly possession. No! He wants your trust and he longs for you to be firmly established in your confidence in him. He desires your obedience, and the Word of God is clear that he will be pleased with nothing short of your faith.

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6). Stand still and trust in the Lord, fixed and established in your confidence in him. In so doing, you will enjoy rest, peace of mind and freedom from fear. What joy to have the assurance that you are pleasing him with your trust.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote