View Single Post
Old 06-07-19, 23:11   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Breaking News UK NEW LAW >NO Parole For Murderers Who Dont Reveal Where They Hid Bodies

Murderers Who Refuse to Reveal Where They Hid Bodies Will be DENIED Parole in New Law

EXCLUSIVE: The introduction of Helen's Law is a victory for a campaign led by the Mirror and the mother of victim Helen McCourt

Daily Mirror UK, 6 July 2019.

Marie McCourt, the mother of murdered Helen McCourt, who fought against the decision to let her killer out of jail before a 'No Body, No Parole' law came into effect
(Image: Julian Hamilton/Daily Mirror)

Marie said: “I can’t thank the Daily Mirror enough for their support.

“It’s more than three and a half years since they launched the campaign on their front page in December 2015 and they have continued, throughout, to highlight the desperate need for this law. Not just for me, but for all the other affected families. They’ve been brilliant.

“Helen’s birthday, at the end of July, is always a difficult time but knowing that the Government will definitely be going ahead with this legislation will make such a difference this year.

“My daughter would have been 54, and still bringing so much joy and happiness. Both losing her in such a cruel way, and never being able to lay her to rest, has always been torturous.

“But knowing that a legacy is being created in her name, and she will never be forgotten, brings us some comfort.

“Hopefully, this new law will prevent more families from experiencing the agonising heartache and ongoing grief that comes from being unable to recover their loved ones’ remains.”

Marie McCourt
(Image: Ian Vogler/Daily Mirror)

Mr Gauke added: “It is a particular cruelty to deny grieving families the opportunity to lay their murdered loved one to rest, and I have immense sympathy with Marie McCourt and others in her situation.

“Helen’s Law will mean the Parole Board must consider this cruelty when reviewing an offender’s suitability for release, which could see them facing longer behind bars.

“The profound grief inflicted on families and friends of the murdered is incalculable. Those *responsible should know that if they choose to compound this further they will be held accountable.”

Marie’s MP Conor McGinn, who has battled to bring the law forward, hailed Mr Gauke’s announcement as “good day for British justice”.

He said: “This is a hugely welcome and important step forward for the McCourts and other families. Nothing can undo their hurt and pain, but the least they deserve is justice.

“I want to pay tribute to Marie, whose dignity and determination inspired hundreds of thousands of people to support our campaign for Helen’s Law. I also want to thank the Secretary of State for his personal commitment and efforts in working with us on this issue.”

Helen McCourt (Image: PA)

Ian Simms, who abducted and killed Helen McCourt in 1988

Insurance clerk Helen, from *Billinge, Merseyside, vanished in February 1988 aged 22.

Simms, who was landlord of the George and Dragon, was convicted of her murder in the local pub on DNA evidence the following year.

But he maintained his innocence and never revealed what he did with her body. He was sentenced to life with a minimum tariff of 16 years.

Read More

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote