View Single Post
Old 31-05-19, 19:45   #669
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Vessels of God’s Glory
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

God has not forgotten you! He knows exactly where you are, what you are going through right now, and he is monitoring every step along your path. Too often in times of crisis, Christians forget that God has them in the palm of his hand. Instead, like the children of Israel, they are afraid they are going to be destroyed by the enemy. God must find it difficult to understand why his children do not trust him when they are down and in need. “Don’t they know I have inscribed them on the palms of My hands? I could no more forget them in their hour of need than a mother could forget her nursing child” (see Isaiah 49:15-16).

Again and again God came to Israel pleading for their confidence and trust in times of crises. “For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: ‘In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength.’ But you would not” (Isaiah 30:15).

It seems even the New Testament echoes God’s displeasure with unbelief: “Ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways” (James 1:6-8).

Have you ever felt that God has forsaken you and left you to figure things out for yourself? Instead of submitting to the Lord in quiet confidence and rest in his promises, you may have tried to find your own solutions and things have blown up in your face.

Be assured that God wants to meet your every need but, most of all, he wants renewed fellowship with you. Get back to the secret closet of prayer and simple, childlike faith. Do not get so busy working on God that you forget he is trying to work on you, making you into a vessel of glory.

Man, this really speaks to very loudly. Like a thump on the head my Daddy would give me when I wasn't listening as a child......
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote