View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 14:25   #656
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Cry Out in Faith
Gary Wilkerson

When God’s presence is missing in one’s life, things are out of kilter because there is no law, direction or righteous teaching to serve as guidelines for living. Everyone becomes a law unto himself, doing his own thing. Sadly, this is a picture of so many Christian homes today. There is no peace or rest because everyone is doing whatever he or she pleases. Such disorder deeply grieves the Lord, yet it does not have to be that way. The presence of God brings order and his promises are unchangeable. God’s Word pledges, “If you will seek me, I will be with you. When you cry out, I will be found by you.”

We read of King Asa, who led God’s people to a miraculous victory over Ethiopia’s million-man army. Afterward he testified that it was God’s presence that had scattered the enemy: “Lord, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O Lord our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name we go against this multitude … So the Lord struck the Ethiopians before Asa and Judah, and the Ethiopians fled” (2 Chronicles 14:11-12).

As Asa led his triumphant army back to Jerusalem, the prophet Azariah met him at the city gate with this message: “Hear me, Asa … The Lord is with you while you are with Him. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you” (15:2).

This is not some complicated theology. In fact, anyone can have the abiding presence of God if he or she will simply call out in faith. God told King Asa the secret of getting and maintaining the presence of the Lord in his life and he wants to do the same for you. The Lord is merciful and his love is constant. With him, you can go through any fire — and you will not just survive, but you will be kept and protected through it all.

As the saying goes, "If you don't feel close to God, guess who moved." God our Father will never leave nor forsake you.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote