View Single Post
Old 21-04-19, 19:52   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies Amir Khan vs Terence Crawford >Khan Quits in Sixth Round

Amir Khan vs Terence Crawford, RESULT: British Fighter Takes Low Blow and Quits in Sixth Round Meaning American Takes TKO Victory

• Amir Khan was knocked down in the first round by a massive right hand
  • British fighter struggled to get into the contest and decisive moment came
  • In sixth round Khan took a low blow below the belt and could not continue
  • Crawford denied low blow but replays show it was an illegal strike
Daily Mail UK, 21APR 2019.

Khan was hit with a low blow in the sixth round and despite having five minutes to recover, the fight was ended after just 60 seconds....

Amir Khan has pointed the finger of blame at his corner after the bizarre end to his New York showdown against Terence Crawford.

An accidental shot to Khan's groin in the sixth round saw trainer Virgil Hunter pull the Brit, with Khan in "too much" pain.

WBO welterweight champion Crawford had dominated the fight until that point, flooring Khan in the opening round.

After the low blow, Khan was allowed five minutes to recover.

However, after a minute of discussions with his corner, the bell sounded.

Post-fight, Khan declared: “Virgil said I could not continue, he asked how I felt and I could feel it in my stomach, I was caught with good shots but did not recover from that last one.

“I take nothing away from Terence he is a great fighter, now I have spent time with him he is a very good fighter.

“I would never quit, I would rather be knocked out. I have been knocked out."

Khan also added: “I must have been in pain, I need to watch it back.

“I would not have come here if I had quit, i wanted to come here to explain to you guys. I’m not a quitter.”

Khan in his corner with trainer Virgil Hunter (Image: Action Images via Reuters)

But now Khan has taken to Twitter to state that he did not intend to quit - and that his corner pulled him out of the bout when he wanted to continue.

"I have never quit a fight in my life, my understanding was that virgil asked me if the low blow still hurt and I said yes.

"My intention was to wait it out and continue like always."

Crawford declared that he "outboxed" Khan throughout their Madison Square Garden showdown.

The 31-year-old was leading 49-45 50-44 49-45 on the cards and when Khan responded to claims he had quit in their post-fight press conference, Crawford interrupted: "Did you quit? Tell the truth."

The end of Amir Khan's career? (Image: Getty Images)

Crawford, who boasts a 35-0 professional record after his latest title defence, believes Khan never had any intention of continuing after the sixth round incident.

“I saw Amir Khan’s face change and he was shaking his head," said Crawford. "I was disappointed the whole time because I thought he was looking for a way out.

“He and Virgil were having a conversation, I don’t know what the conversation was, but Amir just kept shaking his head and I was ‘aah nah, he’s going to quit’.

"I was right, that’s what happened. Not the way I would have liked to have finished the fight."

Amir Khan Vs Terence Crawford Full Fight Highlights 2019

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote