View Single Post
Old 26-03-19, 07:55   #2
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

UFC re: Conor McGregor Shock Retirement After His Arrest

Conor McGregor Retires: Irishman Shocks UFC With Posts to Announce He Has QUIT

The Irish fighter, 30, stunned fans on Tuesday morning with his bombshell Twitter announcement that he is retiring from MMA

Daily Mirror UK, 26 MAR 2019.

Conor McGregor has stunned UFC fans by announcing his retirement from the sport in a post on Twitter on Tuesday morning.

The Irish star, 30, hasn't fought since October 6, when he was submitted by UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.

He was then suspended until April 6 for his part in brawl after the bout.

If he has indeed retired, then he will have done so as the first fighter to hold two belts at two weight classes at the same time.

He wrote: "Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Art” today.

"I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition. I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement. Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas!"

The Irishman had appeared on the Jimmy Fallon show just hours before his announcement, and suggested that he "didn't need" to fight again, despite talks over a fight with Donald ‘Cowboy’ Corrone in the summer.

“We’re in talks for July. There’s a lot of politics going on, it’s a mad game, the fight game," he said.

McGregor has announced his retirement (Image: Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

"To my fans, I am in shape and I am ready.
"There are many opponents, in reality I can pick who I please.
"I don’t necessarily need to fight. I am set for life, my family is set for life.
"We are good, but I am eager to fight. We will see what happens, but I am just staying ready."

McGregor was set to fight in July (Image: PA)

McGregor has been spending more and more time promoting his whiskey 'Proper No.12' of late.

UFC president Dana White quickly reacted to the retirement news by issuing a statement on Twitter.
He wrote: "He has the money to retire and his whiskey is KILLIN it.
"It totally makes sense.
"If I was him i would retire too.
"He’s retiring from fighting. Not from working.

McGregor's announcement comes just two weeks after he was arrested in Miami
(Image: Miami Beach Police Department)

McGregor was in court in Dublin last December after being charged with motoring offences
(Image: PA)

"The whiskey will keep him busy and I’m sure he has other things he’s working on.
"He has been so fun to watch!! He has accomplished incredible things in this sport.
"I am so happy for him and I look forward to seeing him be as successful outside of the octagon as he was in it."

McGregor is regarded as a legend in the UFC (Image: Getty Images)

McGregor quickly became one of UFC's biggest stars, winning performance of the night three times in succession after defeating Diego Brandao, Dustin Poirier and Chad Mendes

His next bout at UFC 194 saw him take the interim featherweight title with a knockout of Jose Aldo inside 13 seconds.

A loss to Nate Diaz at UFC 196 in his welterweight debut was his first in UFC and halted a 15-fight winning streak but the Irishman won a rematch five months later.

McGregor was stopped in the 10th round when he fought Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match in August 2017
(Image: X00642)

Khabib Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor in the Irishman's last UFC fight last October (Image: Zuffa LLC)

A win over Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight championship saw McGregor become the sport's first dual-weight champion.

After the success at UFC 205, McGregor opted to take time away from MMA and it was during that hiatus that he took on Floyd Mayweather in his first professional boxing match.

'The Money Fight' was a lucrative affair - with more than a million pay per view buyers in the UK and four million in the United States, with the American defeating his opponent in the 10th round by TKO.

McGregor recently shared a post with an alligator in the US

In recent years, McGregor has become known for incidents outside the octagon almost as much as his activities on fight nights.

He was arrested and charged with robbery earlier this month after allegedly stamping on a mobile phone belonging to a fan in Miami

That altercation came after McGregor had a brush with the law in the US over a violent incident at a UFC event in April, 2018.

McGregor has been the sport's biggest star (Image: USA TODAY Sports)

Several people were hurt when he hurled a trolley at a bus, smashing a window, as it left the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn.

Fighters Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were injured by shattered glass and unable to compete.

This isn't the first time that McGregor has announced his retirement from the sport having done so in April 2016.

Back then he wrote: “I have decided to retire young.
“Thanks for the cheese.
“Catch ya’s later.”

Read More

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote