View Single Post
Old 20-03-19, 17:31   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Big Grin Factory Worker Wins £71m Lottery-BUT Hasnt Got a Girlfriend

Factory Worker Becomes One of UK's Biggest Lottery Winners as He Vows £71m 'It Bloody Will Change Me'

EuroMillions: He Celebrated Win Eating Takeaway With Mum and Dad

National Lottery winner Ade Goodchild, of Hereford, scooped £71million on the EuroMillions, one of the biggest single ticket-holder wins in the UK

Daily Mirror UK, 20 MAR 2019.

The factory worker toasted his huge win (Image: Dave Evitts / SWNS)

A lucky factory worker celebrated becoming the biggest single British EuroMillions ticket holder to have gone public by enjoying a takeaway and watching the Six Nations with his mum and dad.

Ade Goodchild, 58, scooped more than £71million on the National Lottery on Friday.

The metal factory employee has decided to go public, which Mirror Online understands will make him the biggest winner of a single ticket to do so in the UK.

"I’m not one of these winners who is going to say this win won’t change me. It bloody well will or at least I’ll give it a damn good go. They’ll be no more shift work for me. I want to travel, find myself a lovely new home, go to top sporting events, and try many other things besides," he said.

Ade, of Hereford, toasted his incredible lottery win by watching the Wales v Ireland Six Nations match on television with his parents while sharing a takeaway pizza and spicy chicken wings, all washed down with Italian beer.

The emotional shift worker, who is single, said he had an urge to check his ticket on Saturday, instead of waiting for Monday as usual, and did not realise he had won the jackpot at first when he scanned his ticket on the National Lottery App.

He originally thought he won just £71,000 until he checked the sum again.

The single man hopes to enjoy the 'finer things in life' (Image: Dave Evitts / SWNS)

Ade, whose family are originally from south Wales, added: "I decided to scan my ticket on the National Lottery App. It gave me the winning 'ping' sound and I thought I might have won a fiver or something. But when I checked I thought hang on, it looks like I’ve won £71,000."

Speaking at a press conference at The Abbey Hotel, a plush venue in Great Malvern, Worcestershire, he added:
"I put my glasses on to double check and then spotted that it was the jackpot prize and that all my numbers were circled. I thought wow, a lot of people have shared the jackpot this week but fair play.

"Then I read the prize amount again and realised that it was actually £71 million and just one winner - me. It was then that I called my mum and dad. Their reaction was one of complete shock – I still don’t think it’s sunk in for them."

Ade, who has worked at Special Metal Wiggin in Holmer, Hereford, for more than 20 years, now plans to quit his job and splash out on a new home with a swimming pool,
Jacuzzi and a large garden.

He also wants to travel to the Grand Canyon and the Pyramids in Egypt, and wants to treat his family.

Ade, who is single, plans to treat his family (Image: Facebook)

Ade, who now wants his own chef and chauffeur, continued:

"Me and my cousins often get together and the date was already in the diary last Sunday to meet for lunch. I must have come across very emotional but I couldn’t tell them about the win. I didn’t want to spoil our day. Most of them know now though.
I am going to enjoy sitting down and chatting about how I might be able to help them."

The man, who is 5ft 11in, celebrated with the large cheque for £71,057,439, The factory worker now plans to travel the world

But when asked by reporters if he thought the money made him a more "attractive" romantic prospect, Ade said he wasn't "stupid".

He did fear though he may become the target for gold diggers.

"Anybody I think I couldn't have pulled before has got no chance, because I haven't suddenly become more attractive overnight - just my wallet has.

"I take people as I find them but like I say, I'm not a stupid man.
"I have done stupid things, luckily I've learned from them."

Ade, who has two labradoodles, added: "I've got friends, I've got family, I'm not looking for relationships.

"I turned my phone on and it was pinging that fast I haven't had a chance to read all the messages yet.

"There are some very interesting people that I have never ever heard of that are trying to be my friend

"But I like long walks on the beach and I do like a pina colada now and again.

"I've worked, in fact, most of my adult life.
"It's (the factory) not the greatest of environments to work in but there are really great people in there, really nice people I've worked with.

"I don't think I'll do it anymore, I think I'll tune myself into the finer things in life instead."

The staggering windfall is enough to buy more than 300 new Ferraris.

Camelot said Ade, who has two ex-wives and no children, has become the 15th biggest National Lottery winner in the UK, including all competitions and types of ticket.

He bought the ticket from a Co-op supermarket in Hereford.

Andy Carter, senior winners' adviser at the National Lottery, said: "This is the 15th-biggest winner this country has ever seen and we look forward to toasting their win."

Ade pops the champagne to toast his win (Image: PA)

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote