View Single Post
Old 08-03-19, 10:50   #2
BaZZa101
SUPER Investigative MODERATOR

Thanked 1,998 Times in 1,281 Posts
BaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond reputeBaZZa101 has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal Silver Medal 
Total Awards: 6

Default re: The Killing Times: Aboriginal F***-Australian Govt Secures Copyright

There is much more to this then what is stated. This story is the TRUTH yes but it does not talk about what is currently happening today. The Government has said "Sorry" and the Aboriginal people as given greater financial help then anyone else in the country. On every Government related form where funding is there, there is the question asked "Are you Aboriginal / Torra Straight Islander" this is because they get more funding if the answer is YES. One only has to be 1/32th Aboriginal to be seen as Aboriginal decent. 1/1,1/2, 1/4, 1/16, 1/32 th that is five times removed. Most of the 1/32 look whiter then the English and look nothing like an Aboriginal. It is often this group of people who cause the most problems. The true Aboriginal is a very nice person and have a great connection with the land and their customs. The 1/32th group are just greedy white people who are just wanting the Government to hand over Millions of $$'s and huge tracks of Land and most seem to have feeling that they are owed something. If you are Aboriginal and you have a job you can go for Walk-Abouts and still not lose your job. So they can go missing from work for many days at a time and still get full pay and still have their job when they return. It is sad that the Aboriginal seems to have a bad reaction to alcohol, as this has become there Achilles heel. I feel that many whites feel that the Aboriginal gets more then what they (whites) do and this causes a lot of tension.

Personally I don't care what colour the skin is, it is whats inside that counts. I have both supported and rejected the Aboriginal people. I have worked in many places which are mainly "Black Areas" and I have seen both the good and the bad. Not only in "Blacks" but also "Whites" my own family is racist (anti-black), I am not though. But in saying that there are a lot of Aboriginal's that are also racist (anti-white).
So what is the answer. I don't really know. I feel that as Australians we all (Black and White) need to be on the same level and for as long as the Government is clearly seen as creating this divide (re: forms above) then its people will continue to enable this divide. I have been in a position where I was in a Mowing Group. There was 2 groups, one Black Group and one White Group. Well I said that it was wrong so I set about making some change, I encouraged the employment of Aboriginal's into the white group. This went well for about a year, then I had to leave for a while and I returned about a year later only to discover that I was now the only white person working in my old group. My two friends, both Aboriginal's, forced out the other white workers and replaced them with black worker. I got both my friends aside, one was an Elder and the other was the Foreman (took over my old job at my recommendation) and I said whats going on here. The reply was not a good one, they wanted to give employment to their own kind because they don't get treated equal anywhere else. I ended up have a huge argument with both of them and I called them racist (anti-white) and saying that they where no better then the whites that mistreated them. I left the job and got different work. Word got back to them that I was leaving QLD to go live in Vic and one of my "old" friends came and seen me. He said that he was sorry for what had happen and that he would try to change, he could see what I could see. Well after about two years I found out that nothing had changed.
It is a very hard problem to correct and I feel that the Government is NOT doing any good towards this divide. Also I would like to say that what happened 200yrs ago is NOT my doing and the Aboriginal people need to realise that, all of those people are now dead and buried. I also know that there are some Aboriginal people out there who feel that same as myself BUT we are just a few and cannot change the ways of a country.
The Following User Says Thank You to BaZZa101 For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (08-04-19)