View Single Post
Old 14-02-19, 16:28   #611
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Christ’s Care for Us in Our Trials
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

God takes no delight in the testing of his children. The Bible says Christ is sympathetic toward us in all our trials, being touched by the feelings of our infirmities. In Revelation 2:9 he tells the church, “I know your works, tribulation, and poverty.” He is saying, in essence, “I know what you are going through. You may not understand it, but I know all about it.”

It is essential that we comprehend this truth, because the Lord does test and try his people. Scripture says, “For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined” (Psalm 66:10). The Psalmist says, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all” (Psalm 34:19).

The Bible says a great deal about suffering and trials in the lives of believers. But it is important for every Christian to know and accept that God has a purpose in all sufferings. No test comes into our lives without his allowing it, and one of God’s purposes behind our trials is to produce in us an unwavering faith. Peter writes, “That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:7). Peter calls these experiences “fiery trials” (see 4:12).

The good news is that we can win the faith test! Paul wrote: “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7). Of course, Paul knew he still had much work to do, but he was able to honestly say, “I may not have apprehended Christ as I wanted, and I haven’t been perfected. But when it comes to faith and trusting God through every trial, I know whom I have believed.”

Fix your eyes upon Jesus and praise God through every ordeal. Your heart will be filled with gladness as you practice praising and rejoicing over the joy that awaits us.

The Lord Is My Shepherd

Psa 23:1* A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.*
Psa 23:2* He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.*
Psa 23:3* He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.*
Psa 23:4* Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.*
Psa 23:5* Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.*
Psa 23:6* Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.*
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (01-02-20)