View Single Post
Old 10-02-19, 02:02   #53
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Update re: The ROYALS: Prince Harry, Meghan & New Baby Son >ARCHIE

Prince William Told His Mother Princess Diana That “He Didn’t Really Want to Be King” > New TV Show Reveals.

The startling revelation comes in the concluding part of Jeremy Paxman’s Channel 5 series about the Royals.

Mirror UK, 9 FEB 2019.

Diana, Princess of Wales, with William (Image: The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry/PA)

The ex-Newsnight presenter spills the beans on a lunch he had with the Princess of Wales – in which she also likened life in Kensington Palace to an “upmarket Coronation Street ...with twitching curtains”.

The broadcaster says in the show, Paxman on the Queen’s Children:

“About a year before she died her secretary rang me up and asked me to lunch.

“I’ve no idea why. She was stunningly glamorous, as you can imagine.

“We talked about our children and she said William often told her that he didn’t really want to be king, and then Harry would say, ‘If you don’t want the job I’ll have it’!

“I thought she was pretty lonely, really. As we were leaving, I said, ‘What a strange place this is. So quiet, and yet over there is the bustle of Kensington High Street. It’s a bit like a prison’.

“She said, ‘It’s not a prison at all, Jeremy. More like an upmarket Coronation Street. As we go out, you will see all the curtains twitching’.”

University Challenge host Paxman added: “Who would want to be a Royal?”

He also suggested the popularity of Princes Charles reached an all-time low after he and Princess Diana split up.

Paxman observed: “Charles and Camilla, Queen of Tarts were sought after like a prawn cracker in a dirty ashtray.”

The presenter says Wills, 36 – second in line to the throne – and Harry, 34, have heralded a “Golden Age” for the Royals. Paxman also lets the cat out of the bag about “Air Miles” Prince Andrew allegedly dem-anding entire hotel floors during trips in his days as a trade ambassador.

Kensington Palace declined to comment.

Paxman on the Queen’s Children is on Channel 5 UK on Tuesday, 9pm.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote