View Single Post
Old 07-02-19, 15:54   #607
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Laying Hold of God in Faith
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

“When the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8). Why would Jesus ask such a question? It implies a lack of faith, not just on the worldly but among God’s people.

Faith is one of the most talked about subjects in the church. Great works are being done and huge projects undertaken, all in the name of faith. So, what is Jesus saying by asking, “When the trumpet finally sounds, will I find any faith at all?” We find a sobering clue in Hebrews: “Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God” (Hebrews 3:12).

One of the most familiar cases of unbelief is found in the story of Zacharias, the father of John the Baptist. Here was a devoted, godly priest who suffered because of a single episode of unbelief. Scripture says Zacharias was “righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless” (Luke 1:6). He ministered faithfully and was a respected, faithful servant, but when the angel Gabriel brought the message that he was to have a son, Zacharias was filled with doubt and he gave in to unbelief. God did not take kindly to Zacharias’ doubt and he struck him dumb: “Behold, you will be mute and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words which will be fulfilled in their own time” (Luke 1:20).

Only one sin kept Israel out of the Promised Land — unbelief! “And why couldn’t they go in? Because they didn’t trust him” (Hebrews 3:19, Living Bible). “Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience” (Hebrews 4:11).

Our God has made incredible promises to us and he desires that we hold him to those promises. I encourage you to lay hold of his wonderful Word and enter into his promised rest. Then your life will be a glowing testimony to this generation.
Believe
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote