View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 03:02   #602
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Two Guidelines for Dependence on God
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

There is no formula for living wholly dependent on the Lord, but there are simple guidelines that you can consider. First, be convinced that the Lord is anxious and willing to make his will known to you, even in the smaller details of your life. The Holy Spirit who abides in you knows God’s will for you and he will guide, lead and speak to you.

“When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth … He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you” (John 16:13-14). Jesus is telling us that the Holy Spirit will convey to us the mind and will of God. “When He hears [your voice], He will answer you … Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it’” (Isaiah 30:19, 21).

You may be in the midst of an affliction or suffering as the result of a hasty decision. The Lord promises you, “Your inner ear will hear my Spirit speaking to you, ‘Go that way. Do this. Don’t do that.”

Second, we must pray with unwavering faith for power to obey God’s direction. Scripture says, “Let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord” (James 1:6-7).

When God tells us to do something, we need power to stay the course and obey him fully. Satan and the flesh will always plant doubts and questions and we need strength from heaven not to say “yes” to a situation when Jesus has said “no.”

When you are not sure you recognize the voice of God, reach out to him in faith. Praying, pleading, weeping are not enough if you do not believe the Holy Spirit will guide you. God does not deceive his people and he will make his will clear to you when you seek him.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (28-02-19)