View Single Post
Old 16-12-18, 17:06   #574
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Am I Listening to Men or God?
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

The apostle John was given a revelation of the glory of the exalted Christ: “A door [was] standing open in heaven. And the first voice … [said], ‘Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.’ Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne” (Revelation 4:1-2).

A door to heaven has been opened to us today, as well. Like John, we have been called to “come up here.” Scripture says, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). This call to come to the throne room has been most ignored by pastors and laypersons alike. Few believers truly know God’s voice and few ministers speak as his oracles.

John’s time of isolation on the island of Patmos (see Revelation 1:9) was imposed on him by godless men. I believe people in the church need to have a “Patmos” experience — a self-imposed setting aside of one’s self for the purpose of seeking the face of God. Christians today make time to watch television, shop or surf the Internet, communicate with others on social media, but few ever “come up” to God’s throne. Yet the Lord promises, “If you come up here, I’ll reveal to you my mercy and grace and show you things you have never seen before.”

This does not mean we give up our job, our family, our witness. In fact, it is entirely possible to be a busy person and still have a Patmos experience. What matters is that we shut out every voice, activity and thing that hinders us from hearing the voice of the Lord. We are to concern ourselves with one focus: Am I listening to men or to the Holy Spirit?

The Lord is pleased whenever you willingly submit yourself to a time alone with him. Once Christ becomes your sole focus, you will be able to receive discernment and guidance directly from above.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote