View Single Post
Old 05-12-18, 17:26   #570
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

The Peace of God in Fearful Times
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

Consider one of the most powerful promises in all of God’s Word: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn. The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge … He make wars cease” (Psalm 46:1-7, 9). Amen

God’s Word is so powerful, so immovable, that he tells us, “You will never need to fear. It does not matter if the whole world is in turmoil. The earth may quake and cause mountains to crumble and oceans to swell. Things may be in complete chaos but because of my Word, you will have peace like a river.”

Even now, as our world is in a fearful time and many are experiencing personal troubles and suffering, Psalm 46 echoes to God’s people: “I am with you through it all. My people will not be destroyed or moved.”

Try to grasp what the Lord is telling us in this psalm. Our God is available to us at any time, day or night. He is at our right hand, willing to speak to us and guide us, and he made this a possibility by giving us his Holy Spirit to abide in us.

Peter writes, “By which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature” (2 Peter 1:4). Supernatural peace is a part of God’s divine nature and is available to all who are obedient to his Word.

They may destroy my physical body but never my soul because I stand with my Lord and Savior.

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (24-12-18)