View Single Post
Old 21-11-18, 15:40   #564
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

The Sorrow of a Heart that Wavers
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

You may have had a situation you were praying about but you didn’t seem to get an answer. You may say, “I prayed in faith, believing God, but he didn’t hear me. I waited and waited, but he never answered. How can I surrender my life to God if he doesn’t answer my prayers?”

You may not be angry with God but you have certainly lost confidence, which keeps you from committing your heart to him fully. Therefore, you have stopped prayer and you don’t enjoy the fullness of his blessings anymore.

James addresses this situation very clearly: “He who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind” (James 1:6). The King James Version uses the word “waver,” which means to be undecided. In their hearts, when the people made their requests, they put God on trial. In their hearts, they said, “Lord, if you answer me, I’ll serve you. I’ll give you everything! But if you don’t answer, I’ll live my life my way.”

God will not be bribed. He knows our hearts and he knows when we are undecided in our commitment to his Son. He reserves the power that is in Christ for those who have surrendered to him wholly.

True faith considers all the problems and pain of God’s people worldwide, all hopeless situations, and puts these sorrowful things on a scale on one side. Faith then puts Christ on the other side of the scale and rejoices when Christ overwhelms all the sins and afflictions of the world.

God never intended for us to let the devil overtake our hearts and homes. Rather, he intends for us to make a declaration that is loud and clear. We are to take our position in Christ and cry, “In the name of Jesus Christ!”

It is time for every believer to stand up and declare, “I’ve lived with fear long enough and in the name of Jesus Christ, I will no longer fear death, man or the devil.”
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (23-11-18)