View Single Post
Old 24-10-18, 14:34   #551
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Stopping the Devil at Your Heart’s Door
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

One of the great tragedies of the Church in this generation, and one of God’s greatest griefs, is that so many Christians are not truly happy. They put on a good front — singing, clapping, smiling and praising. But lurking just beneath the surface is loneliness and deep misery.

These Christians are hot, then suddenly cold. They cannot cope with fear, and depression runs over them like a steamroller. One week they are high, the next week low. Many times their marriages follow that pattern as well. One day all is well between a husband and wife, and the next day they are miserable. Some days they cannot even talk to one another. They explain, “Well, that’s just the way marriage is supposed to be. You can’t expect to stay happy and loving all the time.”

Believers caught in this up-and-down cycle should heed the words of Paul to Timothy. He encouraged the young man to help others come to their senses and “escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will” (2 Timothy 2:26), or, as the King James Version puts it, “taken captive by him at his will.” This describes many believers perfectly: Because they give him access, Satan moves in and out of their lives at his own will. They exercise no authority to stop the devil at their heart’s door and he flaunts his hold of them. “You have no power of Christ in you to stop me,” Satan says. “You are my captive and will do as I wish.”

This lack of victory in Christ is appalling! Jesus did not die so that you continue to live under the power of Satan after you have given your heart to him. Be careful not get caught in this trap. Instead, set your heart on firmly walking with God and claiming his promises. Determine to seek him with all your might and he will fill your heart with true, lasting joy.

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (26-10-18)