View Single Post
Old 18-10-18, 14:10   #545
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Are You Guilty of Ignoring God?
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

Every Christian knows that God doesn’t dwell in manmade temples or buildings. Instead, our Lord has chosen to live in human vessels — that is, in the hearts and bodies of his people. Every believer can boast with confidence, “God lives in me.” Of course, the Lord is everywhere, but according to his Word, the blood-cleansed heart is his permanent dwelling.

When did God begin to abide in us? He did so when we first gave our heart to Jesus. At that moment, Christ’s abiding presence filled our being. He testifies, “I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you … If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him” (John 14:20, 23).

Do you remember the day you were saved? Do you recall the feelings you experienced — the pledges you made to Jesus, promising to forsake all others and follow him? Jesus saw it happening eons ago in eternity — and he delighted in you. He knew you were going to receive him, even before you were formed in your mother’s womb.

“Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them” (Psalm 139:16).

Before you were even a seed, God knew all about you, and his son, Jesus, delighted in knowing you would grow up to be his habitation. He rejoiced at the thought of opening his Word to you: “I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you” (John 15:15).

Are you fulfilling his expectation of spending a lifetime with you? Is your intimacy with him increasing or are you guilty of ignoring him? God yearns over you and he has plans for you. Let the Lord make this the first day of a new beginning for you.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote