View Single Post
Old 22-09-18, 02:50   #533
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Smile re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

A Place of Perfect Rest
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)
There exists a place in Christ where there is no anxiety about the future, no fear of calamity, affliction or unemployment. And there is no fear of falling or losing one’s soul. This place of total confidence in God’s faithfulness is called a place of perfect rest by the writer of Hebrews.
Such perfect rest was offered to Israel, but the people’s doubt and unbelief kept them out of God’s rest: “Those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience” (Hebrews 4:6). The Israelites lived in constant fear and dread, always waiting for the next crisis to happen. As a result, they were desolated in their trials.
If Israel had entered into God’s rest, his work in his people would have been complete. But because they didn’t, the Lord continues to search in every generation for a people who will enter: “There remains therefore a rest for the people of God” (4:9).
God is telling us, “This offer of rest is for you today! There still exists a place in me where all doubt and fear no longer exist, a place where you’ll be prepared for whatever may come.” Thus, his Word urges, “Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it” (Hebrews 4:1).
Today, multitudes of God’s people know nothing of this rest in Christ. As they hear the awful reports of tragedies, calamities, and deaths, they are filled with fear and dread. Their constant prayer is, “Oh, God, please don’t take one of my loved ones. I could never handle the grief.”
Yet, if you are at rest in the Lord, you won’t succumb to such fear. You will not panic or fall apart when you’re hit with some unexpected crisis. And you won’t lose hope, accusing God of bringing on your troubles. Yes, you will endure pain that is common to every human being but you will be at rest in your soul, because you know God is in control of everything concerning you.
______
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote