View Single Post
Old 15-09-18, 16:47   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Angry Irish Famine Memorial Desecrated in Providence, R.I.

Horror as Irish Famine Memorial Desecrated in Providence, R.I.

IrishCentral Staff 15 September, 2018

The Rhode Island Irish Famine Memorial.Providence Police Department

An Irish famine memorial in Providence, R.I., has suffered major damage after vandals stole two bronze plaques from the site.

According to police, the plaques, which tell the story of the Irish famine, were stolen in August.

"My great-grandparents on both sides of my family were famine survivors," said Donald Deignan, historian and president of the Rhode Island Irish Famine Memorial Committee.

Credit: Providence Police Department

"What we believe happened was that these plates were stolen for the scrap metal value they might yield on the black market," Deignan said. "But the paradox is that the monetary value of these plates on the black market would be very small."

The committee has since removed all plaques to prevent further theft from the $1 million memorial,

The Rhode Island Irish Famine Memorial was erected on 100 Eddy St in Providence in 2007 and is dedicated to the victims and survivors of the Great Irish Famine of 1845-1851.

"They are despicable," said Deignan. "They have no sense of history, they have no sense of propriety and no sense of decency."

The memorial committee is seeking donations to help restore the plaques.

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote