View Single Post
Old 06-09-18, 14:13   #525
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

“Where Are You?”
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

Christians who fail to pray don’t realize the danger they are in. You may argue, “So what if some Christians don’t pray? They are still believers — forgiven and going to heaven.”

Our heavenly Father realizes we live in a busy age, with many demands on our time and energy, and Christians are as caught up in busyness and activities as anyone else. Yet, I cannot believe God takes lightly our rejection of our access to him, which cost his only Son his very life.

It pained the Father to send Jesus to be mocked and crucified so that we would be able to come to him freely. But day after day passes and many of his children do not approach him until they attend church on Sunday. When Adam hid from the Lord in the Garden of Eden, God asked him, “Where are you?” (Genesis 3:9). Of course, God knew where Adam was but he was really asking Adam why he had neglected having fellowship with him.

Christians who fail to appropriate their access to the Father end up in the condition of the church in Sardis. The Lord instructed John, “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write … ‘I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead’” (Revelation 3:1). Jesus is saying, “You may be a good person who will do anything for anybody, but an element of death has crept into your life because of your negligence. Something of the world has defiled you.”

What is the defilement referred to here? Lack of prayer! The believers in Sardis had not been watching in prayer, waiting on the Lord and seeking him as they once had. They had grown careless but the Lord tells them in Revelation 3:4: “A few of you are worthy and you don’t want to lose my presence.”

Quickly now, go to the secret closet of prayer. He has provided you with access to him and he promises to meet your every need.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote