View Single Post
Old 19-08-18, 15:49   #517
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Ouch!

15Now that their father was dead, Joseph’s brothers became fearful. “Now Joseph will show his anger and pay us back for all the wrong we did to him,” they said. 16So they sent this message to Joseph: “Before your father died, he instructed us 17to say to you: ‘Please forgive your brothers for the great wrong they did to you—for their sin in treating you so cruelly.’ So we, the servants of the God of your father, beg you to forgive our sin.” When Joseph received the message, he broke down and wept. 18Then his brothers came and threw themselves down before Joseph. “Look, we are your slaves!” they said. 19But Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid of me. Am I God, that I can punish you? 20You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good.”
Genesis 50:15-20

Bad news never comes at a good time. Whether it’s a flat tire or the death of a close relative, negative and tragic experiences happen all too often. Can anything good come of these events?

The final events of Jacob’s life play out in this section of Scripture. We learn of his family’s move to Egypt. The famine in Egypt continues. Joseph’s sons, Manasseh and Ephraim, become Jacob’s, and Jacob blesses them. The passage of time has proven Joseph right. Now what?

As you read this story’s ending, note the lessons available to each of the key people: to Joseph (choosing forgiveness instead of revenge, knowing that God is in control, and finding blessing in tragedy); to Jacob (seeing God keep his promises, depending on God); and even to Pharaoh (learning that God is great). And imagine how Manasseh, Ephraim, and Judah must have felt.

When Joseph became a slave, Jacob thought he was dead and wept in despair (Genesis 37:33-35). Eventually God’s plan allowed Jacob to regain not only his son, but his grandchildren as well. Circumstances are never so bad that they are beyond God’s help. Jacob regained his son. Job got a new family (see Job 42:10-17). Mary regained her brother Lazarus (see John 11:1-44). We need never despair, because we belong to a loving God. We never know what good he will bring out of a seemingly hopeless situation.

God brought good from many bad circumstances in Joseph’s life—his brothers’ evil deed, Potiphar’s wife’s false accusation, the cup bearer’s neglect, and seven years of famine. The experiences in Joseph’s life taught him that God brings good from evil for those who trust him.

What difficult circumstances are you enduring? Do you trust God enough to wait patiently for him to bring good out of bad situations? You can trust him because, as Joseph learned, God can overrule people’s evil intentions to bring about his intended results.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (23-08-18)