View Single Post
Old 20-06-18, 19:55   #491
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Christ is Still King
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

God the Father enthroned Christ as king over all nations and all nature, and as Lord over the Church. The apostle Paul writes that when Jesus comes again, “He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords” (1 Timothy 6:15).

Paul is saying that it doesn’t matter what things look like on the outside, the truth is, God has put all things under Jesus’ feet and he is still king over everything. Everything may seem out of control and it may look like the devil has taken power, but it isn’t true. Yet all around us today, we see our society and government dethroning Christ — refusing to acknowledge his authority and kingship. We have been removing God from our schools and courts and ignoring him in the making of our laws. And now we are reaping a terrible harvest.

Sadly, my concern goes beyond America’s rejection of Jesus’ authority. I see the problem within the Church to be much more tragic. It’s understandable that ungodly people want to dethrone Christ; they have mocked and ridiculed his name since the day he was born. But how it must grieve God to see Christ dethroned by those who call themselves by his name.

Slowly but surely many Christians, churches and ministries are rejecting the Lord’s counsel. They no longer lean wholly on his lordship. Instead, they are turning to the wisdom of the world, to man made practices. I have watched with alarm as the Church has gradually enthroned the wisdom of the world. Jesus is no longer the source and power behind God’s people.

Let me ask you personally: Have you removed Christ as king of your heart? I urge you to put Christ on the throne of your heart today — and live!

“I will lift up my eyes to the hills — From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1-2).
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote