View Single Post
Old 14-06-18, 22:44   #488
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

We must always put God first or Satan will take his place. God does ask that we be servant to him just as Jesus was servant to us. As far as work goes, God ask that all that we do, we do for the glory of God. It is Satan's game to make the evil one's to look good as earthly things go, but remember we as Christians are not of this world but of God's. In just a short period of time we'll be in God's heavenly presents away from the evils of this world. To us mortals it seems to be a long time, but with God a blink of the eye, patience my friend patience. This I verily believe.

I too have had losses of family and just got news last week that my oldest brother of 74 has small cell cancer in his lungs, liver, kidney and spine. He knows without a doubt that he is in the Lord's hands what ever may be the case. We must never loose our faith and trust in our Father as when we do, Satan is there to move in. The following says it better than I can say.

Trust in God, Not Man

Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the LORD... Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is the LORD. (Jer 17:5,7 NKJV)

Dr. Richard Blackaby is president of Blackaby Ministries International near Atlanta, following his father, Dr. Henry Blackaby, who founded the ministry. He earned his M.Div. and Ph.D. at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. After 13 years as a pastor, and 13 years as President of the Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary, he now serves as Chancellor. This excerpt is from his devotional, Experiencing God Day by Day, "Trusting God First."

The Israelites of Jeremiah's day believed they could trust in their army, the diplomacy of their king, and their foreign alliances to protect them from the powerful Babylonian empire. They gave lip service to their trust in God, but their actions showed where their faith really was: in their military and financial might. God spoke through Jeremiah to warn them that He would not bless those who trusted in anyone or anything instead of Him.

Placing your ultimate trust in anything other than God is idolatry. How can you know if your faith is not truly in God? Ask yourself these questions: Where do I turn when I experience a crisis? When I am hurting or afraid, to whom do I go? When I have a financial problem, whom do I want to tell first? Where do I seek comfort when I am under stress or discouraged?

God often uses other people as His method of providing for you. But be careful lest you inadvertently misdirect your faith toward His provision instead of toward the Provider. God may meet your need through your friends, but ultimately your trust must be in God. The Israelites were so stubbornly committed to trusting in human strength instead of God that, even as the Babylonian army approached Jerusalem, they continued to desperately seek for a person, or a nation, or an army that could rescue them. They realized too late that they had neglected to trust in the only One who could deliver them. Don't make the same mistake as the Israelites. Go straight to the Lord when you have a need. He is the only One who can provide for you.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4

Last edited by Tarfoot; 14-06-18 at 22:55.
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (15-06-18)